Friday 14 June 2013

Not Brewing Chai on site can it be transported

I had a request recently to brew some Chai. Now I don't have an issue brewing Chai, however when someone asks me to provide a few hundred cups and wants me to transport it it raises a lot of questions in terms of food safety. It got me thinking how hot does milk have to become before it curdles, how many times can you boil milk before it loses its goodness and flavour. Transporting hot chai already made...hot milk..bad combination. Food & Safety 4 hour Rule, Keeping Food out of the danger zone. Milk can curdle let alone the logistics and occupational health and safety... It is best brewed on site... Fresh milk can be heated to boiling point without curdling. However if it is boiled too much it can curdle. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_milk_curdle

No comments:

Post a Comment